[Coco] CoCo 2

Rob Rosenbrock bester at adamswells.com
Mon Jan 16 16:15:00 EST 2023

How is the picture quality on WIDTH80? Or even WIDTH40?

I’ve got mine hooked up with the composite output, and it’s not very good. It’s readable, but a bit blurry. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I’d like to get a sharp display like I had with the CM-8, but as far as composite signals go I think I was better with my Sakata monitor. But it IS trying to convert an analog signal into a digital signal and that will never be perfect.

For comparison, I have a video game console that has a composite signal for output. I’m seeing the same flaws with it that I do with the CoCo. Looks awful for text, but okay for games.