[Coco] CoCo 3 HPRINT - POKE to change background?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Jan 14 14:41:03 EST 2023

> On Jan 14, 2023, at 1:54 AM, Rob Rosenbrock via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> THIS is why I’ve always believed that these 8 bit machines are still superior to any of the 64 bit computers of today. The very fact that there are so many ways to make a program work so efficiently at doing exactly what you want it to do by knowing exactly what the processor is doing

I can’t imagine anything like “Color BASIC Unravelled” that could possibly explain how every thing works in macOS, Linux or Windows, for sure!

When I dug my CoCo 3 out in 2014 (?) to begin archive floppies to CoCoSDC, I ran in to a crash on one of the disks. It would literally CRASH the CoCo trying to read it! I somehow figured out there was a bug in the ROM for a particular disk activity, and when I dug through DISK BASIC UNRAVELLED to see what was going on, they had identified it and explained a fix. “Wish I knew then what I know now!” I would have had those books from DAY 1. But it just seemed like gobbly gook to me back then!

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware