[Coco] Raspberry PI preference

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jan 12 10:26:52 EST 2023

> On Jan 12, 2023, at 9:22 AM, Alex Evans via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Nearly everything for the Pi is available for 64-bit these days. Third
> party distros were available in 64-bit for the Pi 4 these days.

Agreed. My point is — just check and make sure what you want to do can take advantage of it. When I got the latest Pi it wouldn’t support the sound and other things I was using, yet. It just sat there for months collecting dust while I kept using the previous model. “Latest and greatest” often means “but it won’t do anything you wan to do … yet.”

But desktops are similar. Lots of (even open source) stuff isn’t supporting Apple Silicon yet, so even though that’s been out years, you still have to run the stuff in Intel emulation mode. One day, though…

I don’t think XRoar targets Apple silicon, but you can build it locally and generate one if you have the knowledge and patience to do it.

		— A