[Coco] Raspberry PI preference

Rich Mellor rich at rwapservices.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 01:57:40 EST 2023

At the moment, the choice is more about what is available.

I have experience of the Odroid C1, Banana Pi and Raspberry Pi (all
various models) and it depends what you want to use them for.  The
USB-OTG port on the Odroid C1 and Banana Pi are better at being used to
emulate a USB printer for example in my experience.  The Raspberry Pi 4
(and the Pi Zero) were the only models of the RPi which allow you to use
the USB-OTG port as a host (previously it was just used for power!).  I
am not sure if the Banana Pi M5 is good for that now as the
specifications do not refer to an OTG port.

I have some Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ in stock now:
https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/raspberry-pi-3-model-b%2B-c~~w-power-supply-%28bnib%29-62918

Otherwise, you end up paying through the nose for a Raspberry Pi (even
second hand!)

Rich Mellor
www.rwapsoftware.co.uk