[Coco] A new year is here...

Mark Overholser apple2 at markoverholser.com
Tue Jan 3 14:13:12 EST 2023

   On 01/01/2023 11:35 AM PST Andrew via Coco <[1]coco at maltedmedia.com>
   wrote:

   Re: Coco Digest, Vol 250, Issue 1

   Happy new year, folks...

   It's nice to see that the annual "volume skip" algorithm is still

   working smoothly for the list...lol!

   ...and that issue 1 of the new volume appears before the end of the
   year.

   It's "nice" to know there are some constants in life...

   While I don't know the total number of messages of the list this year
   (I

   get it in digest form), I can see that the number of digests are lower

   this year by about half, and 2022 was lower than the year before by

   almost half again compared to 2020.

   I get the Individual e-mails, and I have been seeing a reduction in
   total posts as well.

   I want this list to continue, as much as anybody, but I do wonder where

   the traffic is going? It can't all be just FB and Discord, can it?

   All the Hard Core OS-9 users and the Old Timers have used this
   listserve for decades, and they are on the decline.  We just lost Bob
   Swoger this last month.

   The CoCoNuts of the past are now Returning to Facebook, and then to
   Discord and/or The World of Dragon forum, but not so much to The CoCo
   Mailing list..    Thus the decline in Posts..

   Personally I keep subscribed to The CoCo Mailing list because there a
   few people that only are reachable here, and there are relevant topic
   that do come up.

   Andrew L. Ayers

   Glendale, Arizona

   phoenixgarage.org