[Coco] Compiling and Starting DriveWire 4 with Java 17

Rocky Hill qbancoffee at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 18:07:07 EST 2023

 Last night and today I played some more with DriveWire4 Java and I ended up  de-compiling the available DWUI.jar that everyone knows and fixed up the sources  enough so that it would compile with OpenJDK 17.
I decided to include the netbeans project for the decompiled vesion in the repository I had previously made so that all can have a netbeans project with the sourceforge source and a netbeans project with the decompiled source.     I fixed some array index out of bounds errors that the sever had when starting up and it seems to behaving on Windows 10 64 bit  and linux 64 bit.
I figured that most people that would want to run it are using Windows so I added a release for Windows 64 bit.  The release includes a Zulu OpenJDK 17 JRE with the appropriate RXTX serial library so that nothing has to be installed.   In theory all you have to do is download the release, unzip it and double click on "DriveWire4_win64.bat"
I ran it in a Windows 10 VM but it would be nice for someone else to actually download and test it.
If you run it, please let me know if it works ...
Anyhow, here is the link to the github repo, scroll down and you'll see a link to download the Windows 64 bit release.
If you scroll down a little further you'll see some screenshots as well.
https://github.com/qbancoffee/drivewire4

Thanks,
Pedro