[Coco] CoCo Turbo LED and more...

Bruce Borer brucep.borer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:38:06 EST 2023

Hi All,
    After 40 years I came back to play with the CoCo.  I am hoping
someone out there can answer me this.
Is there a way to change the RS232 port's data bits from 7 to 8?
One of the CoCo manuals states that the default settings for the RS232
port are 600 baud, 7 data bits, one stop bit.
I have seen pokes needed to change the baud rate but want to us the
port exchange 8 bits.  DLOADM must do it
so I hope there is a simple way to do it.

    My next project is to develop an interface card (ROM cartridge
slot) that can replace the Disk Interface with
USB Flash drives, replace the Disk ROM with Flash that can be swapped
with different versions (or different ROM
images) and if I can do that then I probably support 2 UARTS. I have
it designed in principle and now prototyping it.
I do not expect to sell copies of it because it is likely to be too
expensive, I am doing it because that is what I like to do.

Bruce P. Borer P.Eng. Ret.