[Coco] ROM relocater ?

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 03:27:02 EST 2023

On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 9:15 AM coco--- via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
wrote:

> All
>
> Has anyone built a circuit or slim cable to allow a 28 pin ROM
> socket to be put elsewhere.
> I have a socketed COCO 3 motherboard ROM I wanted to put in a ZIF socket
> but found that the capacitor immediately above the ROM socket was in the
> way.

So I have seen some people on other systems relocate the cap to the
underside of the board to make room on the top if a mod needs the room
where the cap is/was.

I am not sure if putting the cap on the bottom would interfere with
anything on the bottom or not or the case, but I would make sure of that
before trying to install it on the bottom.

This is just an idea.