[Coco] SAMx4 - CPLD-based SAM replacement

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sat Dec 2 01:52:26 EST 2023

Joel Rees via Coco wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 10:43 PM Ciaran Anscomb via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> > Ok I think this is ready to release:
> >
> > http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/samx4/
>
> Looks cool.
>
> So is the x4 in reference to bank switching?

Exactly that.  I figured if I stripped out all the Stewart Orchard Banker
Board stuff I'd call the result SAMx1 ;)

And there is a reason to do that - the banker board function intercepts
$FF3x, which is usually shadowed PIA1, so it slightly reduces
compatibility (possibly some CoCo CB ROMs would be affected?).

I also found that Phill Harvey-Smith's diagnostic cart failed unless I
removed that intercept!

..ciaran