[Coco] TRS-80 and Maximum PC Magazine

bester at adamswells.com bester at adamswells.com
Tue Sep 13 14:49:08 EDT 2022

On 2022-09-13 11:08 am, Michael Kline via Coco wrote:
> I found a link that will allow you to download the magazine for free.
>
> https://freemagaziness.com/maximum-pc-october-2022/
>
> After the "Overview paragraph", there's a "Get Link" which will send
> you to:
> https://app.blackhole.run/#IDfYJO2zNf17qCAjLKM5Tmvqk9uzdT1hZwfz3xDS4zbi
> unless the link is random based on page load. Just click on "Get Link"
> to download, then save afterwards.
>
> Michael

Thanks to both of you for pointing this article out.

I'm just starting to read the article, but a few things caught my eye:

I don't think lowercase letters involved a ROM upgrade... I think it was
just adding one DRAM chip. Maybe there was something about descenders?

"Tandy planned to make a few thousand units - unsold stock could be used
for inventory." From what I recall, Mr Tandy ordered one TRS-80 per
store. They didn't expect any of them to sell.

Three levels of BASIC were available... I've never heard of Level III -
at least not from Radio Shack.