[Coco] MC6829 Memory Management Unit

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Oct 11 14:24:10 EDT 2022

On 10/11/2022 9:52 AM, John Mautz via Coco wrote:
> Does the GIME-X also have a 2 task limit or since it is still in
> development, could it be expanded to 4 tasks of the 6829?

I don't know the internals of the GIME-X, but since MMU functionality is
not the main focus of the GIME-X, I would assume it supports just the 2
tasks also supported by the GIME.

I would posit there's little value to extend to 4 tasks.  Of task usage,
I think only OS-9 utilizes tasks in any way that would be reasonable to
extend, and 4 won't allow the soft switch code to be removed.  Thus,
until 32 tasks are supported, I suspect OS-9 will continue the soft
switch functionality.

Jim