[Coco] THANK YOU - Re: 19 years is enough? Or not?

computerdoc computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 04:50:54 EDT 2022

Hi Everybody!It has been a long time since I have posted anything, but
I too love to read this list very much!
Thank you Dennis for keeping this list going for so long!!! I didn't
know it has been 19 years! I have been on this list since 2011 so that
makes me on this list for about 11 years! How time flies by at warp
speed when you are having so much fun!
I went to the CocoFest once of which I have many fond memories of all
the people I met! It is very nice to remember who I talked to when I
read someone's email to the CoCo List! The CoCoFest was a 15 hour trip
one way for me and I would love to do it again, but disability prevents
that as well as lakka funds.
I love reading about everybody's projects big time! Sound Boards, New
Multipaks, and many other new cartridges which I can't remember what
they are. Oh yea, a USB Port on the CoCo!?!?!!? What the heck! I love
it!
I would also say keep the list open and since you decided to do just
that Dennis, here's a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!
I have been lost in Raspberry Pi Land for a few years now, running
Linux on them as well as on a couple of x64 servers for a while now so
I have lost the addresses to most of the CoCo websites from my human
memory bank, but I do plan on eventually getting back to my CoCo some
day! Thank you for that John Mark for getting me started on the
Raspberry Pi! It is a fun little SBC!
Can someone or some people create a master list of Coco Web sites that
are still up so I can peruse them again like sites with all the
currently available hardware projects please - for example - in one
location? Maybe on Allen Huffman's server and Cloud9?I have changed
computers several times over the years and though a lot of the web
sites are probably in the history of my Firefox browser, I just don't
remember their names so I can't easily look them up without reading the
whole list!
I have some years of the CoCo Email List available on my current Linux
laptop in Evolution, but not all the years! I would like to be able to
read the far distant past emails sometime when I am looking for
something to do.Is the entire archive available somewhere?I have a
feeling it would be gigabytes in size by now so maybe someone could
make it available on the cloud somewhere so I can get it and import it
into my email client or some search and retrieval program? If it
already is, how do I access it?I certainly have several cloud accounts
myself so I would not mind making a copy of the 7-Zip archive file
available on one of them to help out.
I wish we could have a giant Video Conference some time to visit with
each other! It would be fun! How many people could we get together on
one video feed I wonder? Maybe create an International Color Computer
Club!  The ICCC! (Big Smile!)
Some news about me...I now have a Defibrillator Bi-Ventricular
Synchronization Device implanted now to try to get rid of PVCs (missing
heart beats) of which 19.1% of them are missing - just silent space
time where the beats should be. I tire very easily and quickly, but I
am still actively involved with computers, tiny Single board Computers
as well as Microprocessor Breadboarding projects. Some of my SBCs are
68000 based so I would love to get OS/9 68K running someday! That would
be so cool!!!
I would like to encourage those that feel they may not have much to
share about CoCos, start sharing anyway. You never know what
interesting conversations might be sparked about our beloved color
computer or who might be interested in following your persuits!
Well, if you are still with me, thank you for visiting with me! Until
we meet again, have a wonderful time working on and using your CoCos!
KipCoCo, OS9 and SBC Enthusiast