[Coco] The Pepper board, a replacement circuit for the SALT chip.

Rocky Hill qbancoffee at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 14:25:23 EDT 2022

Thanks Jim!
You're right, these are too big so I went ahead and updated the link.
Thanks!
Pedro

 On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 11:40:48 PM EDT, RETRO Innovations via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

 This is a cool project, and I have only 1 note:

The breakaway pins suggested in the readme are too large for a leaf IC
socket and will not actually fit a machine pin socket. While they will
fit in a leaf socket, they stretch it out and render it unusable for a
regular IC.

I'd recommend the machine pin version of this breakaway strip:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155119535147

I am sure there are other similar options, though I didn't see them at
Adafruit.  These machine pin headers have a stubbier end for soldering
into the PCB, and a thinner longer end that's the same size as machine
pin socket pins.  It's fine for leaf sockets and will perfectly fit in
machine pin sockets.

Jim