[Coco] Escape Rooms

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Nov 18 10:33:26 EST 2022

> On Nov 18, 2022, at 9:23 AM, Rick Adams via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> "Wait, you want to put me in a little room where I have to solve someone else's problem before I go home?  And I have to pay for that?  I do that for 40 hours a week and they pay ME.  It's called 'work.’"

:)

While I’ve never been to a modern Escape Room, I have an associate who runs one here in Iowa. Unlike many of the others, he custom built most all of his electronics and puzzles and such. I do effects work for local haunted houses and several of the suppliers have pivoted over to providing all kinds of off-the-shelf escape room kits. I imagine that’s what those “beat 90% of all escape rooms with these tricks” videos are taking advantage of.

But, in Wisconsin Dells, WI is a place called Wizard Quest. It was a multi-story exploration activity with riddles, hidden rooms, etc. No escaping, but trying to find answers to all the questions over a 90 minute window or whatever it was.

Chicago CoCoFest did a laser tag run sometime in the late 90s or early 2000s and that was a lot of fun. An Escape Room would be interesting with all the branes we have at these events. (See the Big Bang Theory episode where they did this.)
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware