[Coco] xroar keyboard definitions

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sun May 1 08:58:09 EDT 2022

On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 4:41 PM Ciaran Anscomb via Coco
<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Joel Rees via Coco wrote:
> > I replace the line
> >
> > { .sym = GDK_KEY_equal, .dkey = DSCAN_MINUS },
> >
> > with
> >
> > { .sym = GDK_KEY_caret, .dkey = DSCAN_MINUS },
> >
> > and it still doesn't produce anything. I've also tried GDK_KEY_tilde
> > and GDK_KEY_upcaret
> > with the same non-result.
>
> So you might have done this already, but it should be useful to run
> with the "-debug-ui -1" option - that will print out a line for each
> keypress/release, including the name the toolkit thinks corresponds
> to the key.  It might be that GTK+ doesn't actually think it's called
> "caret".

I think I remember reading that and forgetting it. I've been trying to
use the linux showkey command, which is only of marginal use.

> Glad you're making progress though, and yes, I don't have a Japanese
> mapping, so I'd definitely add it in once you're happy with it.

Yeah. Progress. I think I prefer -kbd-translate, but it's good to have
options, and some people with a Japanese keyboard may prefer the
physical layout to be as close as possible, which isn't quite, since
the enter key is big and there are no keys to the right of it.

Anyway, here's what I have so far, after looking at the output of
-debug-ui -1 and playing with it a bit:

static struct sym_dkey_mapping keymap_jp[] = {
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_minus, .dkey = DSCAN_COLON },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_asciicircum, .dkey = DSCAN_MINUS },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_at, .dkey = DSCAN_AT },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_semicolon, .dkey = DSCAN_SEMICOLON },
/*    { .sym = GDK_KEY_grave, .dkey = DSCAN_CLEAR, .priority = 1 }, /
* Is it necessary? */
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_comma, .dkey = DSCAN_COMMA },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_period, .dkey = DSCAN_FULL_STOP },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_slash, .dkey = DSCAN_SLASH },
/* Non-Dragon keys, redundant: */
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_colon, .dkey = DSCAN_COLON },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_bracketleft, .dkey = DSCAN_DOWN },
    { .sym = GDK_KEY_bracketright, .dkey = DSCAN_RIGHT },
/* Gotta be a better use for this. Is there a way to tie it to the backslash? */
/*    { .sym = GDK_KEY_backslash, .dkey = DSCAN_BACKSPACE }, */
};

Here's the picture of the keyboard again, for reference:

https://defining-computers.blogspot.com/2022/05/panasonic-lets-note-cf-nx2-keyboard.html

Thanks.

--
Joel Rees