[Coco] SDC DOS backup BANK

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:25:12 EDT 2022

Hey.  Just a quick tip if you use the SDC

My Bank 0 containing SDC DOS 1.6 became corrupted and i was getting an I/O error when booting the SDC

I was able to switch the DIPs and boot from my other Banks containing HDB DOS and DW3 and YADOS so I knew that the SDC hardware was working.

I had to use my spare SDC to copy the Bank flasher to a physical disk then use the physical disk to re flash SDC DOS to a spare BANK on the corrupted SDC.

After this pain in the a#@ procedure I decided to always have a spare bank (6 or 7) occupied with SDC DOS.  If I ever end up with a corrupted DOS again i can just flip the DIP to one of those backup BANKs and have the use of my SDC again

The BANK flashing is so easy that it makes sense to have a BACKUP

Sent via BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox for Android<http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.hub>