[Coco] Modifying OS9 module names

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Mar 15 14:38:38 EDT 2022

On Tuesday, 15 March 2022 12:35:25 EDT William Carlin wrote:
> Is there a guilde online that demonstrates how to modify an OS9 module
> name with ded (on disk of course) or med (in memory) or by making an
> ipatch script?  I want to modify one of the many directory listing
> programs that has a useful feature.  On disk it's called lsh but of
> course the actual module name once in memory is ls.  I want to change
> (lengthen) the module name from ls to lsh as I normally have another
> 'ls' loaded manually in memory or it's still in use with the screen
> paused after a page full of text is displayed.
>
> William Carlin

BTDT William but you'll have to change its name in the directory using
the usual set D7 of the last char of its name in both the directory entry
with dEd, and also in the programs file header so they match both places.

And when changing the files name, press v for verify which will update
the saved changes header parity, and the files CRC on the disk.