[Coco] DSK Files

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jul 28 19:13:43 EDT 2022

You will need to look at each .dsk to determine what is on them but if you have a Windows system, that can be simplified. If you have wimgtool.exe, double clicking on the .dsk image can automatically display the contents of the .dsk file. If the disk image is an OS-9 disk and you change the extension to .os9, a double click will show the OS-9 contents.
Wimgtool is readily available and is part of the VCC package. It should be at colorcomputerarchive.com .

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 6:40 PM, Steve Ostrom via Coco<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:   I have .dsk backup files of all my CoCo programs.  Is there an easy way to look at many hundreds of .dsk files quickly?  I can only think of running VCC and loading and running each one to see what they do.  I’d like to rename these from a generic “disk001.dsk” to a file name that makes more sense.  I have the feeling I’ll need to just slog through these one at a time.

Thanks!

--- Steve ---