[Coco] Non Coco but Tandy question

Spencer spencerjar at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 16:55:39 EDT 2022

Hello all.
I broke out my 2 Tandy 200 Portable Computers a few weeks back and remember neither worked. Computer 1 does nothing when plugged into the AC adapter Cat. 26-3804, Computer 2 the screen will blink a few times and then stop.  Gave them both a light cleaning with compressed air and isopropyl to not damage traces.  I previously removed the barrel battery on computer 1 and put in a coin sized rechargeable battery.  All traces on both boards look pretty good. The keyboard PCB is probably not the prettiest but not too bad.  Is there a repair/trouble shooting guide available or do you guys have ideas on the typical faults, if any typical, that I could check using fairly easy methods?  Honestly I don't want to put several hundred dollars into repairing them, but would like to see them resurrected without putting a small fortune into them.
Both have a 24K upgrade chips as well.
Thanks
Spencer