[Coco] Tim Lindner's CoCo font comparison with MAME fonts.

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jul 21 23:43:15 EDT 2022

On 7/20/2022 1:59 PM, Allen Huffman via Coco wrote:
> This is a fun read. Screen shots showing actual CoCo font output and the incorrect characters in the emulator.
>
> http://tlindner.macmess.org/?p=913
>
> --
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
> http://www.subethasoftware.com  -https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware
> http://www.PayPal.me/AllenHuffman.http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman

I spoke with Tim tonight on this tonight before our GCCC meeting and
expressed surprise that the ROM images in MAME were so far from the real
thing.  Tim noted there's a decap of the 6847 (which I assume has a ROM
image as part of the output), no T1 decap or ROM, and he was looking for
a GIME one.

They are just so far off.  Hard to believe that much error in 2022 on
the emu.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com