[Coco] VARPTR not what expected.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jul 3 18:24:24 EDT 2022

> On Jul 3, 2022, at 5:21 PM, coco--- via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks sort of worked.
> It did not work for Array Element XP$(1) but If I give up the idea of using arrays
> and just use regular strings like XP$ instead the method you present works great.

I dove in to arrays when I was looking at how the graphic GET and PUT buffers worked. The array has one block at the start and then repeating data.

I think you could give it the start of an array — A$(0) — and then it just goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 from there. But I think it point to something at the start that has the size, etc.

If you just pointed to something inside the array, like (1) or (8), I’m thinking it just gives you that one element like a normal string?

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware