[Coco] Special coding in WAR

lost lost at l-w.ca
Sat Jul 2 15:35:07 EDT 2022

He uses that sequence instead of the more obvious one to avoid having a NUL byte in the code. A NUL would cause the interpreter to think it's the end of the line and break things.
-------- Original message --------I’m not sure why he starts like this:        LDX #$03FF        LEAX $01,XSeems LDX #$400 (top left of screen) would be the same, since nothing ever jumps to the LEAX.Well, that was quite the rabbit hole.Neat program, too. I’m curious how he is drawing all the text on the PMODE4 screen, as well.