[Coco] Help with Nitros9 on SDC?

Don Barber don at dgb3.net
Wed Jan 26 18:01:20 EST 2022

Hi folks, wanted to send an update. I narrowed it down!

Basically, I got another coco3, and bought a 512k sram update and 6309
for it.

When I put the 512k sram into my existing coco, EOU6 boots up great!
When I put the old 512k card into my new coco, I get the same behavior!

So clearly the old 512k card is faulty. This is despite passing every
single ram test I throw at it.

The old ram upgrade is a Tandy AXX-7117. I can't find any reference to
it online, but its identical to the picture in
https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/Documents/Manuals/Hardware/512K%20Expansion%20RAM%20Card%20%28Tandy%29.pdf
which is part no 26-3334.

As the 6809 EOU boots fine on the old RAM upgrade, I suspect its
something specific that EOU is doing when using 6309
instructions...perhaps the TFM instruction? Maybe the old RAM just
doesn't switch fast enough? No idea, just thinking out loud.

So...curious if anyone has any advice on testing the old ram card and
determining whats going on there? The chips on it are MT 1259-15. There
are also several capacitors and one resistor. Nothing looks blown or
anything. The card does get warm. Not a big deal to simply buy a new
512k upgrade but willing to try to a few things to get this one working too.

Thanks,

Don