[Coco] DriveWire4

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jan 23 16:19:25 EST 2022

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:43:34 +0000 (UTC)
Rocky Hill via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

>  My next stab at drivewire (I have sloopy's drivewirelessly BTW) will
> be the python version on a pi on my network.I do like the java
> version though....
>
>     On Friday, January 21, 2022, 11:49:14 AM EST, Christopher R.
> Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:
>  On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:53:30 -0800
> Christof M Bradford <christof.bradford at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  >>> spaces. Hopefully it get's through

> > ing >>> it.  Installing Open JDK 8 on slackware and running Drive W
> > ire

> >  >> directory structure I saw in your video does NOT match the
> >  >> archive I >> downloaded in the slightest.
> > >
> > > You might be running into the issue that the rxtx is 32 bit and
> > > while > the Java is 64 bit. I *think* you might be able to run the
> > > 32bit Java on the x86_64 CPU.
> > >
> > I have the 64 bit libraries. I'm just going to give up on the Java
> > version, and get the Python one working the way I want it to.
> >

> Christof:
>
>     pyDriveWire is great! If you don't need the MIDI support, that's
> the way to go.
>

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft

    If anyone else encounters this 'rxtx' problem, edit config.xml.
LogToConsole should be true
LogLevel should be DEBUG or ALL

    When you try to start Drivewire4, it will print the 'rxtx lib
path'. Mine prints '/home/chrish/DriveWire4/native/Linux/i386', but
'uname' says the arch is i686. Go figure...

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"I hear," said the deaf man, as he picked up his sheep and heard.
"I speak," said the dumb man, as he picked up his bicycle and spoke.