[Coco] DriveWire4

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Thu Jan 20 14:57:12 EST 2022

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:00:04 -0800
Christof M Bradford <christof.bradford at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/19/22 6:48 PM, Rocky Hill via Coco wrote:
> >   I'm confused as to who is having trouble running drivewire on
> > linux.Â
>  Is it Cristoph Bradford or is it Christopher Hawks?
> > I'm not sure because I seem to be missing messages and it seems li
> ke I received some of them out of order. Was this problem solved?
> > If not, what flavor of linux are you using?
> > Sorry for the dumb questions.
> > Pedro
> >
> I am the one who is having issues getting it to work. I'm using
> Slackware. If you can help, I will be quite happy.
>

> >      On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 12:17:33 PM EST, Christopher
> > R. Ha
> wks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:
> >   >   On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:00:12 +0000 (UTC)
> > Rocky Hill via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> >>    I've used it a handful of times on linux and if I remember cor
> rectly
> >> I had to switch to a lower version of  java for it to run. W
> hat
> >> version of linux are you using? I use Ubuntu so for me to load the
> >> rxtx library I do the following. I open a terminal and then type
> >> the following. "sudo apt update" and then
> >> "sudo apt install librxtx-java"
> >> The above should work on most debian based systems.
> >>
> >>      On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 02:08:15 AM EST, Christ
> of M
> >> Bradford <christof.bradford at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>    Anyone here use DriveWire on Linux?
> >>

> >      I'm using  the last Aaron release (4.3.3o) and the rxtx
> > libraries are in Drivewire4/native/(OS)/(ARCH). My system uses the
> > library in Drivewire4/native/Linux/i686. If you are running a 64 bit
> > system, you probably need to add a Drivewire4/native/Linux/x86_64
> > directory and place a copy of or link to your rxtx library.
> >
> > Drivewie4 and pyDrivewire get more use now with Drivewireless!!!
> > (Thanks Sloopy!)
> >
> > Christopher R. Hawks
> > HAWKSoft

    And I'm trying to point out that v4.3.3o has worked for me all
along in Linux (Slackware and Raspbian).

    Christof, if you could tell us what version of Drivewire you are
using, and what version (and arch) of Linux you have, that would be a
help.

    I'm running Slackware vr. 14.2 32 bit (user since vr. 3.0). In
Drivewire4 vr 4.3.3o the rxtx libraries are included in the
Drivewire4/native directory. If Christof is running a 64 bit version of
Linux, there is no 64 bit library in Drivewire4/native. That's why I
suggested adding it.

    Bill P has info on a newer version, but, his download link does not
work.

    I mostly use pyDrivewire 'cause it's simpler and less resource
hungry (especially on a Pi).

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
For example, let's say you wake up in the morning and you're still
tired. That's a sure sign of something terribly wrong with your body.