[Coco] DriveWire4

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jan 19 00:09:17 EST 2022

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:28:15 PM EST Christof M Bradford wrote:
> On 1/18/22 8:21 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:01:15 PM EST Christof M Bradford
wrote:
> >> Anyone here use DriveWire on Linux?
> >
> > I have in the past, worked well but my coco has died, needing all the
> > electrolytic caps replaced.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>
> How did you solve the problem of being unable to find the RXTX library?
> DriveWire refuses to start for me because of that.

Hazy memory says I googled for it, downloaded and built it. Equally hazy
memory says pidrivewire doesn't need it. Since my 2 meg coco3/6309 is in
the basement, I used a 10 meter boosted usb-2 cable, which works ok as
long as you stay in the next drainage away from any prolific seriel to
usb adaptors. Future Domain Tech Inc stuff just works. On linux,
drivewire uses a usb port, the adapter is between the coco's serial port
and the boosted usb cable.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis