[Coco] Text/Background Screen Inversion

Brendan Donahe brendan at polylith.com
Thu Feb 3 15:45:36 EST 2022

I see - so I think the problem here would be that unless you are launching
a BASIC program from SDCX.BAS, this may not work permanently.  In other
words, other ML programs/games will likely alter $FF22 for their own
purposes.  That said, one _could_ do something like this:

if CoCo1or2 AND 64kRAM {
  copy BASIC ROMs to upper RAM and switch to all RAM mode (there are short
ML routines out there that do this; I have one if you need it)
  patch the copy in RAM to have bit 5 of $FF22 set properly (I think
someone would have to take a look at the Color Basic/Extended Color Basic
Unravelled books to figure out the places where $FF22 are altered and patch
those.)
}

Given that this is not a complete solution and may still get lost when
launching other (non-BASIC) programs, I'm not sure it achieves your goal.

Brendan