[Coco] Program for test pattern for crt alignment/convergence?

eric at canales.me eric at canales.me
Mon Aug 8 14:15:37 EDT 2022

I wouldn't use a coco calibration tool. The issue with the CoCo is it's not
particularly designed to give you an accurate picture and resolution that
fills the entire tube.

What I'd suggest is instead hook up a nice DVD player to the monitor, and
then use a standard calibration DVD to generate the patterns. Spears &
Munsil is quite good:

https://www.amazon.com/Spears-Munsil-High-Definition-Benchmark-Blu-ray/dp/B0
0UGQ8GEU/ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1659982222&sr=8-1

Make sure to get the DVD version if you're using composite, or get the
bluray if your bluray player has a good composite out. If you try to
downconvert and HD signal you'll also be calibrating for your down
converter, which tbh probably wouldn't be a big deal for use with the CoCo.

One day I want to make a calibration tool for the CoCo but it's going to
require quite a bit of testing, trying out various models of monitors and
CoCos, and it's just much simpler to use a DVD player which is made to give
you the most accurate picture it can.