[Coco] CoCoKeys2USB and VCC.2.1.0d.Coco.3.Emulator.setup.exe

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Tue Oct 5 18:14:40 EDT 2021

Hi Happy to say that the latest version of VCC has fixed
almost all the problems I had with using a Real Coco keyboard with VCC
via the Wyndec CoCoKeys2USB adapter.

The only Key that remains an Issue is the coco @ key when
I press @ on the coco keyboard VCC sees it as ALT so If
I map @ to @ I end up mapping ALT to @ as well so for a
work around I  mapped [ ALT A ] to @ and ALT to ALT, good enough but not
perfect. I think the problem is probably with the CoCoKeys2USB adapter
but maybe it's the VCC.2.1.0d the developers Involved in both projects
should hash it out between them so It can be a perfect product but at
least it's good  enough.

In a day or two I will post the custom.keymap file I created to support
the  CoCoKeys2USB adapter on my website.

The new VCC documentation was mostly good no errors bot it did not
explain where to find the custom.keymap file which is in %appdata% for
Windows and in the ~/.wine/drive_c/users/{Your Linux User
Name}/Application Data in Wine by default but may be relocated anywhere
by just putting the file where you would like it to be and navigating to
open it. Also it should be noted that you have to make the file
READ/WRITE  for all users for the keyboard editor to work.

Thank you VCC.2.1.0d developers for the excellent keyboard
editor, I hope that you and the CoCoKeys2USB adapter developers can find
a fix for the one remaining problem.

Charlie