[Coco] CoCo Emulators

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 17:28:56 EDT 2021

Still playing with the VCC emulator (I really like it !!), and I ran into a general CoCo question on using the INT function.

(1) The Going Ahead manual states, “INT converts a number to its whole part and deletes the decimal part”

(2) The CoCo 3 manual states, “INT converts a number to the largest integer that is less than or equal to that number”

The emulator converts INT(2.3) to 2, and it converts INT(-2.3) to -3.  From (1), I would have expected INT(-2.3) to = -2.

Item (2) above is a little convoluted when it comes to negative numbers, but I think that is what’s really happening.  Can someone check this on a real CoCo 3?  Mine is not set up at this time.

Thanks!

--- Steve ---

Sent from Mail for Windows 10