[Coco] CoCo Emulators

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 21:23:45 EDT 2021

So far I’m very impressed with VCC  2.1.0c.  The program installed (Windows objected but I said it was OK !!)  and I was able to start up ok.  I typed in a simple program, ran the program to make sure it worked ok, then saved the program to tape.  But I can’t seem to load this back in again.  Here are my steps.  Please tell me if I’m doing something wrong.

Shows normal CoCo startup screen
NEW
ENTER
Then typed in program
RUN
ENTER
It ran perfectly
Clicked Configuration tab
Clicked Config
Clicked Tape
Clicked Record
Clicked OK
CSAVE”TEST3”
ENTER
Screen pauses, then the OK prompt appears
NEW
ENTER
Clicked configuration tab
Clicked config
Clicked tape
Clicked browse tab
Typed TEST3 into the Widows search box and it finds the program
Clicked open
The tape config box now shows TEST3.cas with counter at 0
Clicked play
Clicked OK
CLOAD
ENTER
The “S” appears in the upper left, flashes, and then ends with IO ERROR

Obviously I’m doing something wrong, or am not understanding how the emulator uses the cassette drive.  Windows file manager shows the file with 1 KB size.

I’d like to figure out the problem before I try to load and use the floppy drive cartridges.

Thanks much !!

--- Steve ---

Sent from Mail for Windows 10