[Coco] CoCo Emulators

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 20:25:17 EDT 2021

I’ve been almost exclusively a user of a real CoCo, so now that I want to try a Windows 10 CoCo emulator, I’m a bit behind everyone else here.

I wrote a CoCo program I want to try out on an emulator.  It uses the PMODE 4 graphics screen, and uses polar coordinates to simulate a very basic spinning reel.  It uses some Extended Color BASIC commands.  So the emulator should emulate an Extended BASIC CoCo 2.  I will eventually write this same program in assembly to see how much speed boost I will get for smoother spinning graphics.

Which emulator should I use?  Is there documentation for that emulator so I shouldn’t need to keep coming back to the group for questions, such as how to run the emulator, how to SAVE the program, etc?  Does the emulator contain the CoCo BASIC, Extended BASIC and Disk BASIC ROMs, or is that a separate step?

Thanks for your help to get started.

--- Steve ---

Sent from Mail for Windows 10