[Coco] X4,X5,X6,X7

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Mar 7 03:42:49 EST 2021

I just looked at the source code and rbdw defines the number of drives at the start of the code.
The question I have is why the need for more than /X0 - /X3 ? You can easily change the drives mounted in Drivewire while OS9 is running. You can mount .vhd drives on Drivewire so space on the drives should not be an issue.I think the reason that Drivewire has 256 drives is to make it compatible with HDBDOS which is unrelated to OS9.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 11:26 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:   If I remember correctly, the only thing you do (in the source) is change rbdw

numdrvs set 4 (from 4 to 8).
That modifies all other references to the drive count in rbdw. It has to be assembled from source like this.

Then you have to build 4 descriptors with proper names (/x4-/x7) and drive numbers (4-7).