[Coco] X4,X5,X6,X7

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Sat Mar 6 11:53:05 EST 2021

Thanks for the Info I will just plan to make due with four.
255 not necessary.
Eight is Enough

I would love to see a BOOTable Linux maybe something lite like Peperment
set up with ToolShed and OVCC and PyDriveWire setup  as an updated
starter
kit.

Why PyDriveWire instead of the older but more capable Java based
DriveWire ?
Well the problem is that recent changes Oracle made to Java render
DriveWire
incompatible. And that cannot be solved by bundling with the older
version of
Java because the Oracle licence dose not allow you to bundle Java with a
product
without paying Oracle big $$$ and in the case of wanting to use an out
of date
version signing a liability waver. Python on the other hand just works
and is
totally open source so can be bundled.

Myself I use both PyDriveWire and the Java version, only because when I
realized
that DriveWire was now broke in my laptop I made sure to PIN the java
version
on my Pi's so they would not get updated and I could continue to use
them.
On the laptop I did not have a backup and had to give up on the older
version
of DriveWire and move on to PyDriveWire.

Charlie.