[Coco] A Question about Windows computers.

mcnd96 mcnd96 at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 13:20:09 EDT 2021

It has its advantages.   The BIOS hardware checks during boot up were taking too long.  UEFI allows the boot up to be multi threaded for fast boot times.  It also allows for the backup of the BIOS in case you flash a bad update.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: coco at jechar.ca Date: 6/27/21  12:24 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com> Subject: Re: [Coco] A Question about  Windows computers. Just what I thought UEFI was the worst thing that happened to the PC.Running Linux was so easy before that was foisted on us. GUID should havebin just something for a D: drive 2T was and still is plenty for C:On 2021-06-26 19:10, mcnd96 via Coco wrote:> Hello!From my experience you have to format the HD to convert from one> to another as different boot sectors are created.  If you change it> you probably won't be able to boot.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung> Galaxy smartphone> -------- Original message --------From: coco at jechar.ca Date: 6/26/21> 4:52 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Coco List <coco at maltedmedia.com> Subject:> [Coco] A Question about  Windows computers. Sorry off topic but after> asking/commenting on 100's of things coco maybejust this once.I have a> memory stick that can boot multiple computers to Linux as longas they> are BIOS. I wondered if it is safe to choose "Legacy" in the> "UEFI"menu to let me boot this memory stick and will I then be able to> chooseUEFI later when I want to use windows 10 or will choosing > "Legacy" damagethe GUID hard drive or lock me out of choosing UEFI> later. PS does anyoneknow of a Good not two expensive backup/restore> program from Windows 10.Charlie-- Coco mailing> listCoco at maltedmedia.comhttps://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco-- Coco mailing listCoco at maltedmedia.comhttps://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco