[Coco] FlashPak

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Jan 27 12:36:10 EST 2021

On 1/27/2021 4:03 AM, rietveld rietveld wrote:
> Hi Jim
>
> Do you plan to offer any pre built FlashPaks for sale?

I don't know yet.  The design is easy to assemble, but I don't typically
solder up stuff here, I have it professionally assembled, and I'd
probably cost reduce this design to a CPLD and a FLASH ROM IC for an
assembled unit.  BUt, then, it might not be much cheaper than CoCoFLASH,
so I'll have to consider it.

I mainly wanted to come up with a simple design that folks could use in
their solutions, or one could make themselves and use if they are
looking to sell a game and would prefer to use FLASH instead of EPROM
(EPROM designs are still the cheapest, I think).

Jim