[Coco] CPU utilization calculation in NitrOS-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Jan 25 00:28:53 EST 2021

I don't think there is a command that gives that information. You can use proc and procs to see what is active but not the percentage of cpu time.One indirect route to see what is active would be to use the MAME debugger to start a trace. Reading the resulting file will show you what code is most active.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 9:00 PM, William Carlin<whcarlinjr at gmail.com> wrote:   OS-9 / NItrOS-9 Gurus,

Is there any data that can be polled in the NitrOS-9 kernel that can tell
us about CPU utilization?  For example, I would assume that your most basic
NitrOS-9 boot with no background daemon processes running (like inetd), no
other background tasks executing, and only the term shell waiting for input
would essentially be an idle system.  What kind of information can I glean
from the kernel task scheduler and the process list that could tell me
about the CPU utilization of the machine?

William Carlin