[Coco] CoCo floppy disk subsystem

Robert Swoger rswoger at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 22:19:40 EST 2021

Just a thought5 - be sure that the drive step rate is initially set to 30 ms.Bob In a message dated 1/14/2021 12:30:16 PM Central Standard Time, ejmautz2 at gmail.com writes:
According to cocopedia.com the 26-3022 is not compatible with the CoCo2 or
3 without using a Multi-Pack.

http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/26-3022

The controller is based on the Western Digital WD1793. It features an
analog data seperator circuit, infamous for its inherent unreliability and
has multiple potentiometers which are used to calibrate various delay and
timing features of the disk-side interface. It requires a +12 volt DC
supply to operate, and is thus not compatible with a CoCo 2 or 3 unless a
Multi-Pak Interface (or other source of +12V) is used or the CoCo or
controller are "hacked", also contains the Disk BASIC ROM chip, and the
necessary interface logic.

Hope you have a multi-pack.