[Coco] DCC and UltiMusE 3

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jan 1 16:32:46 EST 2021

I believe there are also bugs connecting to DW4 Becker. An older version of Ultimuse works for me with VCC on a WinXP system while the version supplied with EOU Beta6 fails.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 4:24 PM, Jeff Teunissen<deek at d2dc.net> wrote:   Bill,

I did some experiments on getting the UltiMusE source code(downloaded
from your github) to build with the DCC compiler, and as I suspected
the preprocessor's line length limits were perfectly fine.

However, it seems that UltiMusE is causing the preprocessor to use an
absurd amount of stack space. By increasing stack space to 25 pages
(the default is 14), I was able to get it built, but that reduces
dcpp's ability to store symbols, which I'm not yet prepared to do.

I'm looking at making a slight change to how dcpp uses memory --
allocating all available RAM in the program header, and using ibrk()
instead of sbrk() to do variable allocations. This should allow truly
huge (temporary) stack use for programs that need it, while also
allowing the maximum number of preprocessor symbols.

Until the two meet, of course, which will cause the program to explode
spectacularly. :)