[Coco] Adapter to connect 5.25" floppy drive cable to GoTek device

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 16:37:47 EST 2021

Hi all! I am in the process of testing my floppy drive system. I want to determine whether the problem is with the drive itself, cable or cartridge controller. I am getting a new cable, but now I need a floppy drive to connect it to. I came across the GoTek device; however, this device has a header pin connector, like the 3.5" floppy drive have. I cannot connect the 5.25" drive flat cable directly to it.

I hunted down some adapters, but they cost $10USD (plus shipping). I would like to ask here for recommendations for suppliers of such an adapter and ask whether the $10USD is a typical price. I found a bare PCB for $2.50USD plus shipping, but I need to purchase the right angle female header for it. Thanks! Enjoy your Jan 1, it only comes once a year! :-) Salvador