[Coco] Virtual Color Computer 3 Emulator (VCC)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 07:37:27 EST 2021

VCC has a problem with screen savers and also with switching windows while in full screen. These problems are known (and have been reported) and are being looked into.

The file in question ALWAYS gets flagged as a virus. It IS NOT A VIRUS. I have used this tool for 9 years and have had no problem with it. Both Wimgtool-os9.exe and Wimgtool-rsdos.exe are slightly modified versions of the wimgtool that was available with Mame. They were modified by someone in the Coco Community (can't remember who) to work exclusively with each format, fixing some bugs that were present in the original (back then).

FWIW... I wouldn't give you a kick in a hog's butt for Norton, Avast, Mcafee, or most any other big commercial "virus protection" scheme.
On various occasions, I have installed all three on "fresh" new Windows installations and have them report within minutes that they just "saved me" from 30+ malicious programs downloading from the internet to my computer... and I wasn't even connected to the internet!!!
If a company has to try to deceive me to prove they're working, they've lost my business. Avast in particular can (over time) corrupt your system. I've seen it happen on several systems.
I have one little TSR that I've used forever and have never had a virus on my machines which run 24/7 and are always connected to the net. It never reports false positives on software and it's free.
Most viruses are the fault of the user. Using questionable websites, installing "free" drivers from sources other than the original hardware vendor, clicking on "fishing" emails, and most famously... "click bots" (ads on websites). These are the real problems.

Bill P.