[Coco] CoCo Graphics Capabilities

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 12:46:16 EST 2021

I have done some animated ML CoCo graphics in past years (a version of Quix I sold to T&D ages ago), so I realize how difficult it is to create cool graphic effects.  Smart phones today are so much more advanced than the Coco for graphics, and make complicated animated graphics look easy.  If I wanted to create a spinning wheel (think Wheel of Fortune, as an example) with letters or numbers or pictures on this wheel, the only way I know of to create this motion would be to use polar coordinates.  The computation would be immense, and could not be done live.  Are there other ways to create relatively smooth animation?  Some rotating ball animations rely more on palette shifting, but this won’t work if there are pictures on the wheel that need to be maintained.  Your thoughts?

--- Steve ---

Sent from Mail for Windows 10