[Coco] Making the rounds: a home made 6809 portable

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Feb 6 11:38:12 EST 2021

Reminds me very much of the CoCo3 I repackaged into a defunct KayproII case. Used it at several Chicago CoCoFests in the 90s for making copies of discs. The Kaypro monitor wasn't usable since it wasn't composite. I replaced it with a surplus open frame amber composite monitor of the same size from a mail order electronics surplus company. Used the CoCo3 keyboard with a ribbon cable and RS232 connector on front. Had two 5.25" double sided and one 720K 3.5" floppy. Had intended to use a short cable and put a Disto controller with a 4-n-1 at some point, but never did. The CoCo3 board JUST FIT with a shorty disc controller plugged in.