[Coco] Star Trek

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 01:28:21 EDT 2021

According to the Color Computer 1/2/3 Hardware Programming guide PDF,
that memory location is for the Speech/Sound cartridge (see page 59):

$FF7E SOUND/SPEECH CARTRIDGE READ/WRITE
(1) Based on a SPO256-AL2 Speech Processor and a AY3-8913 Programmable Sound
Generator. Also has a PIC7040 with internal 4K ROM, 2K RAM
(2) Set RESET bit 0 to 1 then to 0 to do a reset.
(3) Read from $FF7E bit 7 set indicates previous byte written not yet
processed. Bit 6 set indicates chip is currently talking. bit 5 set
indicates sound currently playing.

Note #3 seems relevant - Bit 6 (64) - ANDing the value with 64 waiting
for it to be equal to zero - wonder if that's really meant to be a 1 and
not 0?

Ok - all this is just a guess on my part...I really don't know.

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona
phoenixgarage.org
github.com/andrew-ayers