[Coco] Help with Nitros9 on SDC?

don at dgb3.net don at dgb3.net
Mon Apr 12 19:23:07 EDT 2021

   Hi Curtis, thanks again for the help. Here you
   go: http://donbarber.com/~barberd/files/email/VID_20210412_164140022.mp
   4
   Don

   On Apr 12, 2021 2:10 PM, "L. Curtis Boyle" <curtisboyle at sasktel.net>
   wrote:

     Going back to your earlier message reporting the error from 6.0.1:
     Would you be able to email me a screen shot of the FAILED screen
     that you are getting? From the snippet that you mentioned, it looks
     a module name in the INIT module is not being found in the OS9Boot
     file itself… and the only way that should happen is if the OS9Boot
     file (or the INIT module within it) has been modified from the 6.0.1
     distribution.
     (You can see a summary of how the boot process works, and what the
     error code on the bootscreen means, here:
     http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/EOUDOCS/NitrOS9_Boot_process_exp
     lained.txt
     <http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/EOUDOCS/NitrOS9_Boot_process_ex
     plained.txt>
     An error is when it prints the ‘*’ symbol, and the character
     immediately after that you can look up on the table in the above
     site to see what it means. In your case:
     The ‘i’ means that the INIT module was found
     The ’t’ means that the F$Boot system call has been installed.
     The ‘*j’ indicates ERROR #234 ‘Non-existant module’, which I am
     gathering to mean that the INIT module is trying to get NitrOS-9 to
     initialize a default device (could be a window name, drive, etc.),
     but the one it is looking for does not exist in the OS9Boot file
     itself.)
     L. Curtis Boyle
     curtisboyle at sasktel.net
     TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
     http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html
     NitrOS-9 Ease of Use (EOU) Project
     http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/nitros9.html
     > On Apr 11, 2021, at 8:03 AM, Don Barber <don at dgb3.net> wrote:
     >> Due to my frustrations with stock NOS9 and the SDC, I thought I'd
     try to use EOU to see if it played better with the SDC. So I
     downloaded EOU beta 6.0.1...and get a fail on boot. I'm using the
     68SDC.VHD image. It loops through the modules and after ...'Clock
     Clock2 it*j' it stops and says 'FAILED'. I am running in a 512K
     coco3 with 6809. Thoughts?