[Coco] Help with Nitros9 on SDC?

Don Barber don at dgb3.net
Sun Apr 11 10:03:44 EDT 2021

Hi folks, me again. Three things I was hoping for help with:

With NOS9 3.3.0, booting from the sdc image, whenever I run the 'sdc' or
'sdc2' utility, even without any options, I start getting error 244
afterwards. What am I doing wrong? Its almost like nos9 is cut off from
its own filesystem. Are these utilities written assuming nos9 is running
from a disk source other than the sdc, such as real floppy or drivewire?

I tried to install KBCom by mounting the NOS9 sdc image in drive0, the
kbcom disk in drive1, booting nos9, then chx /sd1/cmds and running
'install'. However, this install script insists on writing to /d0
instead of /sd0, which triggers the seek error described in my last
email. Is there any workaround? In linux (if I couldn't just modify the
script directly) I'd be looking at using a symlink, an overloaded mount
point, or even a chroot to workaround.

Due to my frustrations with stock NOS9 and the SDC, I thought I'd try to
use EOU to see if it played better with the SDC. So I downloaded EOU
beta 6.0.1...and get a fail on boot. I'm using the 68SDC.VHD image. It
loops through the modules and after ...'Clock Clock2 it*j' it stops and
says 'FAILED'. I am running in a 512K coco3 with 6809. Thoughts?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don