[Coco] Help with Nitros9 on SDC?

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 17:57:17 EDT 2021

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 8:13 AM Don Barber <don at dgb3.net> wrote:

> Jeff, thanks so much, this is absolutely it.
>
> So it comes down to my ignorance of how OS9 does drivers and device
> descriptors work...I didn't even think of this as a possibility. Will do
> further research on how descriptors are assigned and how to list them.

With the NitrOS-9 repo.  When booting from the image and then using the
descriptors built into it.  /dd is /sd0 and /sd1 is the second image that
might/is mounted.
/d0 , /d1 , and /d2 are for the real floppy drive(s).  The real floppy
drive controller is always expected to be in SLOT 4 of the MPI.  The
CoCoSDC can be in really any other slot.  Though there are some exceptions
to this depending on what other devices you are trying to use.

For example the Deluxe RS-232 Pak the way the default drivers are written
it needs to be in SLOT 1.

Just some things you have to be aware of when dealing with the MPI slots
and drivers that try to talk to the SCS controlled addresses or MPI SLOT
IRQ checking.

> Thanks,
>
> Don
>
> On 4/10/21 12:00 AM, Jeff Teunissen wrote:
> <cut>

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |