[Coco] ROM Dump

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Apr 6 03:47:15 EDT 2021

What you see will depend on the amount of memory in the CoCo and whether it is a CoCo3 or earlier model.With a CoCo3, you will see Super Extended Basic. With earlier models having 64k memory, you will see raw RAM in all RAM mode. In RAM/ROM mode and/or less than 64k, there won't be anything to see.I'm not sure, but with no memory I think your program will "see" $FF ie. 255.
What did you expect to see?

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:52 PM, Melanie and John Mark Mobley<johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com> wrote:   All,

I wrote a program to do a ROM Dump and print the data as simi-graphics.
For x=32768 to 65535
R=peek(x) or 128
Print chr$(r);
Next x
End

Memory Map
32768 to 49151 BASIC ROM
49152 to 65279 ROM PAK or DOS
65280 to 65519 IO
65520 to 65535 Vector Table (reset vector and such)

No ROM PAK or Floppy drive controller is installed.
So what am I reading at address 49152 to 65279?

John Mark Mobley