[Coco] CoCo 3 Display Problems

Rick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:38:08 EDT 2020

It may be a cap problem, but a good cap with a poor ground. I would go
there first, because it's cheap. Pins 33/34 on the buss connector
(fourth from back top/bottom), plus the two edge clips, should all be 0v
under load - ohmmeter don't count, compare voltage while running...

If a motherboard fault leaves one of those points floating above ground,
but the thing you plug in ties those points back together outside the
CoCo, there is your instant mystery fix.

Otherwise it's prolly going to be a cap replacement task and those kits
are fine if you are into that...  I'd make sure I am well grounded first.

-ricku
CoNect