[Coco] Recreating the CoCo keyboard

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Oct 20 18:35:14 EDT 2020

> On Oct 20, 2020, at 5:21 PM, Michael Kline via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> I would love to see a CoCo 3 keyboard with the up/down arrow keys swapped with the ALT and CTRL keys. I never liked the idea of the arrow keys clustered like this.
>
> Michael

I always preferred the TRS-80/CoCo12 arrows over the CC3, as well.

This would just be a setting in the emulator — remapping Up/Down with Ctrl/Alt.  As long as the keys are in the expected place, it should feel quite normal.

The only special thing here is getting a BREAK key, the F1/F2 in the proper place, and the arrows/CTRL/ALT keys where they go. And, of course, key labels with quote above the 2 and stuff like that.

That should allow CoCo touch typists to use it and go between it and a real CoCo keyboard.

		— A